Welcome!

This blog features the adventures of 2014 Miss Rodeo Wyoming, Desiree Bridges. Desiree will keep us up to date with photos and stories from her travels down rodeo road as she represents and promotes wonderful Wyoming and America's #1 Sport!


Wednesday, January 26, 2011

National Western Stock Show At My Back

Greg Hensley with Dan Post Boots
Military Appreciation Night
Wyoming Day Opening Ceremony
My new chaps from Tim Bath
Myself, Tim (helped us with flags), and Brittany (Miss Rodeo CA)
Me and Fargo
Me and Tim Balding (Spurs sponsor)

I wrapped up my last visit to Denver for the National Western Stock Show. Miss Rodeo America, McKenzie Haley had a pretty bad spill, actually two, the day before I got there. The doctor told her she had to stay off horses for two weeks to make sure her head was ok. Therefore, I was honored to be able to partake in the last 8 openings of the rodeo. 7 out of those 8 times I carried the National Western Stock Show. The other time I was able to carry the Wyoming flag for Wyoming Day. Gov. Matt Mead and his family were on hand, as well as two representatives of the Wyoming Stock Growers. I was so exciting to hear the cheers for the state of Wyoming.

While in Denver, I become rather close to Fargo the horse. For those of you who remember what happened to Erin, I think she scared him because never once did he act up! He was a complete sweetheart and we got along great. This was also the first time the state queens actually got to hang out as queens. It was fun getting to know everyone. Miss Rodeo California, Brittany Slaton, discovered that not only do we share a name, but we also share a birthday! On the last day of the rodeo, Brittany and I were able to share a lunch with longtime supports John Cavey and Pat Thompson. We also shared many conversations with Carl and Kathy Wilkenson from Landstrom’s throughout our visit. Theses four individuals made our first trip as state queens so pleasant.

I had the pleasure of joining Miss Rodeo America, Miss Rodeo Colorado, and Miss Rodeo North Dakota at the Brown Palace in downtown Denver to see the Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion steers of the National Western Stock Show. It was surprising to see two steer in the lobby of a five star hotel. But it was a beautiful setting for two amazing animals. That night we were on hand for the Junior Livestock Auction. We had to leave early because of the rodeo, but were able to watch the sale of the Reserve Grand Champion hog, Grand Champion hog, and Reserve Grand Champion lamb. Some of us queens even made it onto 9News, as they were airing the auction live.

I have had a few days off, but will be heading to the Black Hills Stock Show tomorrow morning. I am excited to visit another state as Miss Rodeo Wyoming, but I am counting down the days until I make my first appearance in 2011 as Miss Rodeo Wyoming in the state of Wyoming.
Saddle Up and Ride On!

No comments:

Post a Comment