Welcome!

This blog features the adventures of 2014 Miss Rodeo Wyoming, Desiree Bridges. Desiree will keep us up to date with photos and stories from her travels down rodeo road as she represents and promotes wonderful Wyoming and America's #1 Sport!


Monday, January 3, 2011

Hello Wyoming!



Happy New Year!! I hope everyone is as excited about 2011 as I am! As I sat watching the glass ball in New York City drop, I realized that not only was I counting down to 2011, but I was counting down to the start of my dream come true!! Earlier that night I had the honor of helping the Laramie Jubilee Days committee and royalty at their New Year's Eve Fall Brawl rough stock rodeo. Holly, Pam, Tabitha and I helped with a dice game to win a couple Polaris "toys". We also were honored to carry in the flags for the opening. As I stood at the gate waiting for my name to be called, I forgot that they were calling me when I heard "Carrying the Wyoming state flag is Miss Rodeo Wyoming 2011." I had to wait to hear my name to know they were for sure calling me into the arena. It was a great experience standing in the arena knowing I stood before my community as Miss Rodeo Wyoming.

I want to thank Erin Heffron for doing such an amazing job this past year as Miss Rodeo Wyoming. She always had a smile on her face and was grateful for everything. She took this title to a new level, and I hope that I can carry on her enthusiasm and charisma. Thank you Erin for being such an honest and wholesome role-model!

This year is going to be one in a million and I am excited to make my way to Denver for the National Western Stock Show. I already have goosebumps thinking about what it will be like riding into the arena on a horse provided by Cervi Championship Rodeo .

Thank you Wyoming for believing in me! Let's Saddle up and ride on!




No comments:

Post a Comment