Welcome!

This blog features the adventures of 2014 Miss Rodeo Wyoming, Desiree Bridges. Desiree will keep us up to date with photos and stories from her travels down rodeo road as she represents and promotes wonderful Wyoming and America's #1 Sport!


Thursday, February 10, 2011

Great Faces, Great Places, Great QUEENS!!

I have survived the bitter cold in Rapid City, SD at the Black Hills Stock Show and Rodeo. The extreme cold did not stop me and the other state queens from sharing smiles, laughs, and frozen fingers. Sutton Rodeo put on an amazing rodeo with over 500 contestants throughout the two weekends. The mounts they provided for us were great as well. I enjoyed riding the shorty of the bunch, Gilbert.
We were in for a huge treat this year as we joined McKenzie Haley, Miss Rodeo America, at the Landstrom's factory where she was given her new Miss Rodeo America crown. I was lucky enough to be able to snap the first shot of her in her new crown. We were given a tour of the factory and I now have a new respect for the jewelry. It is all made by hand, piece by piece. It was amazing!
We then made our way into the Black Hills so see the faces of Mt. Rushmore. As I have seen this many times, it was fun to see the other girls' faces light up when they saw the carvings peeking out between the trees.
I was in Rapid for 11 days, and I met many children at the numerous school visits we had and the one hospital visit. It was a great trip and I got to know more of the queens that I will be traveling with this year.
I have had a few days off, and tomorrow morning will load everything back up and head north the Gillette, Wyoming for my first rodeo in the state of Wyoming as Miss Rodeo Wyoming! (How many times can I fit "Wyoming" into a sentence?!)
Mt. Rushmore (Cold and windy!!)
School visit
The Black Hills Stock Show and Rodeo queen contestants and visiting royalty
Tricia, the new Miss Black Hills Stock Show and Rodeo Queen
Autograph signing in the RodeoZone
Royalty at the stick horse rodeo
Getting a chance to watch the rodeo!!

Another Autograph signing in the RodeoZone

Carrying a sponsor flag on Gilbert
National Sponsor flags
Getting ready for the fireworks!!
Landstrom's visit
McKenzie and Fender; First picture with the new MRA Crown
(Fender is a monkey that my mom's classroom is following this year as him and I travel "Follow Fender". He will show up in ALOT of pictures. The other queens have made a game out of taking pictures with him!)
Wayne Brooks (PRCA Announcer of the Year and Fender)
Fender riding a saddle bronc saddle

No comments:

Post a Comment