Welcome!

This blog features the adventures of 2014 Miss Rodeo Wyoming, Desiree Bridges. Desiree will keep us up to date with photos and stories from her travels down rodeo road as she represents and promotes wonderful Wyoming and America's #1 Sport!


Monday, September 13, 2010

A Tale of Two Trucks



On June 8th, Dean Parker surprised me with a bright red 2010 Dodge Ram Megacab… But this wasn’t just any Megacab, it was one that I had the privilege to design! For those of you who haven’t had a chance to design a truck, I suggest you give it a try by visiting dodge.com, click on “build my own” and you will be able to add all the bells and whistles! Last October, I sat down with Dean to design my dream truck and I was overwhelmed with all the options! It was one thing to see it on paper and watch as the website virtually built my truck, but when I pulled up to Fremont Motors and saw the truck sitting in the parking lot, it almost took my breath away! This truck was loaded! From air-conditioned seats, a heated steering wheel, and a DVD player, this truck did not disappoint! I named this truck “LeRoy” and I enjoyed every mile with a smile! I was fortunate to be able to drive LeRoy for a total of 7,000 miles! I had some great memories in LeRoy including piling several state queens in the back during Cheyenne Frontier Days and showing LeRoy off during the Red Desert Round-up pre-show and parade in Rock Springs!

The Megacab is comparable to a first-class seat on an airplane. As a rodeo queen, the extra room always comes in handy! I brought LeRoy back to Fremont Motors in Rock Springs shortly after the Wyoming State Fair. Dean knew how much I loved the Megacab so he had another one waiting for me! Sitting in the parking lot was a brand new 2010 Dodge Ram Megacab! My, how I love my job!! My new truck is a light brown color so I decided to name it “Charlie Brown.” I am looking forward to making some more great memories with Charlie!

I had the chance to pull a horse trailer with both of these trucks and I am very impressed at the towing capabilities of Ram trucks! Of coarse this would not be possible without the incredible support of Dean Parker with Fremont Motors in Rock Springs! I cannot thank him and his team enough for taking such great care of me! Paired up with Nelson Engineering as my fuel sponsor, Fremont Motors has made this year a reality! Thank you Dean Parker and Holly Pratt for making me the coolest state queen on the road!

God Bless!

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment