Welcome!

This blog features the adventures of 2014 Miss Rodeo Wyoming, Desiree Bridges. Desiree will keep us up to date with photos and stories from her travels down rodeo road as she represents and promotes wonderful Wyoming and America's #1 Sport!


Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Evanston Cowboy Days






Dear Wyoming,

I hope everyone enjoyed the Labor Day Weekend! For me, Labor Day signifies the end of the summer, but this year is a little different. I spent a wonderful, warm weekend in Evanston at the 74th anniversary of the Evanston Cowboy Days! A big thanks to the Committee who put on a great rodeo and took excellent care of me! I enjoyed getting to know the committee members as we all visited local schools and folded programs before the rodeo. I had a blast splashing in the pool during the live fish catch… I caught quite a few fish with my bare hands!! But I also got soaked when the bullfighter, Marc Gill, picked me up over his head and threw me in the water… twice!! Needless to say, I got him back with the help of Evanston Cowboy Days queen, LaChelle Lewis and her attendant, Heather Thompson.

The three rodeo performances were exceptional because we were able to see some of the PRCA’s top cowboys battle it out in the last four weeks of the regular rodeo season. This is a very exciting time to be following Professional Rodeo because the race to the Wrangler NFR is coming around the straight-away. It’s fun to watch the cowboys who are sitting on the “bubble” (16th in the world standings, because the top 15 qualify for the WNFR) go all out to attain the ultimate, a chance at winning a Gold Buckle and the title of World Champion.

The newly crowned Miss Rodeo Utah, Martina Wardle joined us for the first two performances and it was great to see her! I had met her at Utah’s Rodeo Queen Boot Camp and I am excited to be able to travel with her before we get ready for Miss Rodeo America!!

As the summer comes to a close, I am diligently studying and preparing for Miss Rodeo America! I have a few more big trips in the near future as I get ready for the 100th anniversary of the Pendleton Round-up and a tour of Oregon with Miss Rodeo Oregon as my tour guide! I am also looking forward to going to Omaha, Nebraska for the Million Dollar Tour Championships! The future looks bright indeed!!

Until next time,

God Bless,

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment