Welcome!

This blog features the adventures of 2014 Miss Rodeo Wyoming, Desiree Bridges. Desiree will keep us up to date with photos and stories from her travels down rodeo road as she represents and promotes wonderful Wyoming and America's #1 Sport!


Wednesday, May 12, 2010

UW College Rodeo




Dear Wyoming:

I always love visiting Laramie and the UW College Rodeo was a good excuse for Obadiah and I to take to the roads! I arrived in Laramie the day before the rodeos started so I could visit elementary schools and some of my old friends and teammates. I was in for a treat on Friday as I visited two schools and four classrooms. Thanks to Brittany and Chris Richards, I visited first, fourth and fifth grade classes at Spring Creek Elementary and then went to Indian Paintbrush Elementary to visit Susan Branch’s first grade class. We talked about the sport of rodeo and I even brought a stick horse so we could have a pretend barrel race in class! I had so much fun visiting schools, for a brief moment, I considered changing my major to elementary education… but I think I’ll stick with Kinesiology!

The UW Rodeo kicked off on Friday night with the first performance. Chyann Howard, from the UW rodeo team let me ride her horse, “Dink” to carry sponsor flags. He didn’t exactly live up to his name because he was really fun to ride! Brittany Richards, Miss Butch Cassidy Days joined me to carry flags and we had a great time! The beautiful Kim Kuhn helped us organize flags and we watched as future and some current professional rodeo cowboys competed in the last college rodeo in the Central Rocky Mountain Region. The rodeo had one round and the top 8 proceeded on to the final round on Sunday. On Sunday, for the final performance, Miss Laramie Jubilee, Dani Gilgen helped carry flags with me and it was great to see her! The rodeo was a great opportunity for UW students to take a break from studying for finals and each performance, we had a great crowd!

Overall, the trip was a success and I am excited to hear how our UW Cowboys and Cowgirls do at the College National Finals Rodeo in Casper, Wyoming! Go Pokes!

Cheers!

Erin Heffron

Miss Rodeo Wyoming 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment