Welcome!

This blog features the adventures of 2014 Miss Rodeo Wyoming, Desiree Bridges. Desiree will keep us up to date with photos and stories from her travels down rodeo road as she represents and promotes wonderful Wyoming and America's #1 Sport!


Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My First Official Rodeo



Jan 14th

Dear Wyoming:

Ready, set, go… and the gun goes off for the race of my year as Miss Rodeo Wyoming at the National Western Stock Show! I just got back from my first official rodeo in Denver and it will be a night to remember!! Although I have been to hundreds of rodeos, carried many flags and picked up multiple mutton busters, tonight was special because I proudly wore the jade crown of my lovely homestate!!

            Today started off early with an elementary school visit with Miss Rodeo Colorado, Miss Rodeo North Dakota, Miss Rodeo Wisconsin and Miss Rodeo America. We had the opportunity to share our passion for the sport with eager young kids from the Denver area. I was impressed at how attentive they were to listen to us!

            Once we arrived back at the stock show, we met up with Miss Rodeo Nebraska and went to award the junior champion market goat award. Although we didn’t get to see the whole show, I know how much work went into preparing for the show so I appreciated the young girl who won the award.

            We added more queens to our group as Miss Rodeo Mississippi and Miss Rodeo Utah joined us for the rodeo. We arrived at the arena an hour early and we were very eager to put on our chaps for the first time!! Words cannot express the excitement that we felt as we were announced on the floor of the rodeo arena. It was great to be able to share this experience with girls who are as passionate and excited about rodeo as I am!!

            Cervi Championship Rodeo provided wonderful steeds for us to carry sponsor flags. I was very impressed at how efficient the rodeo producers were in getting us into the arena and then opening the chutes for the competitors as soon as we exited. From the opening ceremony to the final bull that bucked, the rodeo was very well run.

            My first rodeo was an indescribable experience only to be followed by many more!!

 

God Bless!

Erin Heffron

Miss Rodeo Wyoming 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment