Welcome!

This blog features the adventures of 2014 Miss Rodeo Wyoming, Desiree Bridges. Desiree will keep us up to date with photos and stories from her travels down rodeo road as she represents and promotes wonderful Wyoming and America's #1 Sport!


Saturday, August 4, 2012

Cody, WY


Made a quick little pit stop in Greeley for the Miss Rodeo Colorado Pageant before heading off to Cody.  I really enjoyed my little bit of time with Miss Rodeo Colorado Cassidy Cabot and Miss Rodeo Nebraska, Sierra Petersen!  It is so strange to think that in just a short month I too will be handing down my crown to a Lady-In-Waiting!  The time sure does fly but I have to keep moving forward and enjoy all these great memories and friendships I have made along the way!!
I made my way to Cody in good time and really enjoyed spending time with the local girls and Miss Rodeo America, Mackenzie Carr.  We worked hard and played hard with several fun events throughout the week!  I would probably venture to say that our favorite memory was going white water rafting!! As we know, it has been really dry in Wyoming and we have been praying for rain, however, the storm came while we were stuck out in the middle of the Shoshone River and it didn’t just rain….it hailed!!! J Needless to say…we are pretty tough girls and had a great laugh even though we didn’t get much of a tan.  This weekend was the Cowboy Christmas for all cowboys as they were able to make a 4th of July run! Some of the most elite cowboys made their stop in Cody as well, so it was a lot of fun to get in on all the action of the rodeo.  I was able to ride Trina Barnett’s horse, Chick at the rodeo, and Bob’s trail horse Jigger during the parade.  Great horses always make for a fun time!




No comments:

Post a Comment